• To carry out general maintenance duties.
• To carry out the day to day maintenance requirements throughout the property and have a sound understanding of the electrical systems, plumbing, alarms, swimming pool, heating etc.
• Dealing with various outside agencies regarding the boilers, electrical, plumbing, fire alarm, telephone system, generator, internet, refrigeration companies.
• Overseeing various work being carried out by contractors on the estate.
• Monitor and ensure adequate supply of all utilities – Oil, water, electricity.
• Care of animals on the estate (only 4 highland cows and one dog)
• Assisting the gardening staff with lawn mowing and other duties when required.
Management and security
• Carry out key holder’s duties on alternate weekends (or as required) in conjunction with the housekeeper.
• Liaise with the Finance Assistant to ensure budgeting of all the services and annual expenses is on target and a record kept for utilities.
• Overall responsibility for security. As the first key holder for the alarm company this role will be required to be in residence when the family are absent or alternatively make arrangements for one of the other staff to be available.
• Additional duties as required.
To ensure all vehicles are kept in pristine condition and regularly serviced and maintained.
• Ensure that all classic cars held by the chairman are kept in a pristine condition at all times, and ensure that the engines are run at regular intervals, checking fluid levels etc.
• Carry out driving duties as and when required, some of which will be out of normal working hours and at the weekend.
Skills and experience
Must Live in (Beautiful two bedroom private cottage paid for)
No pets allowed
Own private garden
Would need to know if partner would be living there.
Maintenance manager / estate manager experience
Must be computer literate
Comfortable with budgeting being part of the role
Very handy (fix most issues)
Good at dealing with contractors as and when renovation projects go on
Be very flexible – standard hours are 8:30-5pm but this will vary (on call on alternative weekends)
Good driver – will occasionally need to drive to London and Cornwall
Know how to maintain cars (oil, water, make sure they run ok and clean them )