An experienced couple ( one full time and one part time role) are required for a country estate in East Devon. Other staff (estate manager, gardener and groundsman) are also employed.
The property is home to a family with four children and is used mainly during school holidays with a few additional weekends through the summer term.
However, from October half term until Easter, apart from the 2 week Christmas/New Year holiday, the house is hardly used. During this winter period the housekeeper would be expected to spend one weekend a month at the London residence.
· All usual housekeeping, tidying and cleaning duties with a high attention to detail
· laundry and ironing
· Bed making
· Special care of fine furniture, artwork, antiques and silverware.
· Cleaning of a separate Coach House cottage, annex, and other small buildings on the estate
· Food shopping & errands
· Assistance with food preparation and ideally some simple family cooking.
· Key holder & security
· Occasional babysitting and supervision of children
· Assistance with care (and walking) of family dog, including occasional sole charge when family are abroad.
· Care of chickens (with other estate staff)
· Some supervision of contractors (window cleaners, plumber, etc) in consultation with the employer and assisted with other estate staff
· Occasional driving, and upkeep of the car with assistance from estate staff
· Supervision of the cleaning, care and upkeep of the leisure facilities and equipment, working co-operatively with the gardener & groundsman
The accommodation is a beautiful two bed room/two bath room cottage.